Sat Nav will lead you astray – it goes to the Church
(don’t turn right to St. Leonard’s – stay on the A69)
From the M6
- Take Exit 43 off the M6 at Carlisle.
- Pick up the A69 East towards Hexham and Newcastle. Go about 2 miles to Warwick on Eden, ignoring signs for the village. Stay on the A69.
- The A69 will go down a steep hill. Slow down or you'll shoot past the gate. So frustrating....
- Look left for a red sandstone wall and Warwick Hall Tearoom Open sign. When you're right on top of it, you'll see the gate and a little gate lodge.
- Come down the drive and ring the bell at the front door.
- If you get to the river, you've gone too far...
From the Northumberland on the A69
- Take the A69 through Warwick Bridge to the River Eden.
- Immediately after crossing the river look right for Warwick Hall. If you get to the M6, you've gone 2 miles too far!
Virgin Rail runs a good service direct to Carlisle:
- - from London Euston 3 hours 20 minutes
- - an hour from Glasgow
- - an hour and a half from Edinburgh.
We're four miles from Carlisle station.
If you're coming from Newcastle some trains stop in Wetheral, a mile from Warwick Hall. Otherwise, go on to Carlisle.
Taxi You should find a plenty of taxis at Carlisle Station.
Wetheral Taxi = 07702 212 756
50 degrees x 54 minutes x 27.01 seconds north
2 degrees x 49 minutes x 57.09 seconds west